Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Second Leg

After staying in Amarillo, we left early (but not Too early) to head off to our next over night spot, which would be my parents house in Laramie. We were off to a slow start considering we had to have 4 "potty breaks" in the first hour. We drove 287 through a tiny spot of Oklahoma, (The whole time we were there I kept wishing I new more of the song than just "OOOOO klahoma where the wind comes (sweeping)rushing through the plains" see I don't even know that much) It was nice to drive that way because it made getting into Colorado so much faster. Colorado is another state that I consider home. The only thing about that side of Colorado is that it's very FLAT, it's a lot like OOOOOklahoma. I guess Heavenly Father didn't plan all of the landscape around the future state lines, curious. Going the other route you can definitely tell when you hit Colorado from New Mexico. But here...not so much. Nothing really exciting happened through Colorado. It's always a relief to see the East side of the Rocky Mountains, especially coming up near Colorado Springs and Denver. Fort Collins was a place I spent a lot of time in when I was in high school. And the Denver Temple is our temple. So home we were. We were all very excited to jump on i-25 and head up to Cheyenne. My kids got to peak at the buffalo at the Terry Bison ranch between Ft. Collins and Cheyenne. The only real difference looking at cows and buffalo from a distance is that the bison are bigger black dots.
Between Cheyenne and Laramie is a place called Vedauwoo (vee-da-voo) This is a place that I spent many an hour in my teenage years. Playing, climbing, camping, playing some more.

Sorry my pictures aren't great. It was a drive by photo shoot. And our passenger side window doesn't roll down. But you get the drift. Anyway...
By the time you get to Vedauwoo we're pretty much home.

Laramie was gracious enough to have rain for me. I love rain more than any other weather. There is a difference between Texas rain and Wyoming rain. The smell. TX rain doesn't really have a smell. But you can tell it's going to rain in Wyoming a good 20 min. ahead of time by the glorious smell. It's fresh and clean and nothing like those air fresheners that claim to be the scent of "spring rain." My kids were funny. Looking at the rain falling from the clouds in the distance they commented that it looked like the clouds were throwing up.
blurry sign of mine and my husbands school, they didn't teach me no good grammar. Just kidding, maybe they would have if I had continued to finish my degree instead of having a litter of children.
and finally at my parents house. They had a really snowy spring so we got there in time for the iris's to be in a beautiful bloom.
My Grandmother will be 90 on August 30th. She was in the hospital with pneumonia. So we had to go visit. It was very strange not having her at the house. We have something in common. We both LOVE Smallville. She is looking forward to the new season starting. I hope she makes it.

To be continued...

4 comments:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Ok How I missed you're new post I do not know! Wyoming are you sure about that? What made you decide is it for sure?.. ?'s ?'s Looks like your trip was pretty good so far. I think it's a riot that your gramma love Smallville. What a gal she must be :) I'm glad you all got to have a little vacation as a family. So seriously more details please I am dying to know why the BIG change.

Heather said...

That is so great that you got to visit your Grandma while she was sick. Your children's comments always make me laugh. I thought you always planned on moving back to Wyoming. Is is happening sooner than you thought?

Heather said...

I already posted here once but it's a good place. My email is hrmajesty29@sbcglobal.net

Sharon said...

I love those pictures!!! I found your blog in an very round about way, but just wanted to pop in and say "hi". I'm sorry we missed you when you picked up Val. Dang early church!!!