Friday, July 18, 2008

Third Leg

No, I'm not sure *technically* how many legs you can have in one trip. And I am sure a punchline will emerge soon. You'll know when it happens. Anyway...
We left Laramie and headed to our boomerang destination. Which would be the point in our trip that would head us back in an easterly direction. This location was Rigby, Idaho. The whole point of this trip was to introduce all of our children to Jason's grandfather, who was diagnosed with brain cancer a couple of months ago. Well we didn't make it. I guess he didn't make it. He died on June 8th. But we'll discuss that a little later.
So we were off to go visit Jason's Grandma and his Uncle and Aunt (whom I have talked to but never met.)
We *potty breaked* outside of Rawlins(one of the armpits of WY) and I offered to drive. Jason had driven the entire trip thus far and I was trying to be considerate. So down the highway we start and we ran into the ONLY real weather of the whole trip. It started pouring rain. Like Texas rain. Thing is they use black top on their roads. Not concrete like they do in TX. It creates this silver mirror like effect when you have tons of rain. I couldn't see crap. And then there were the semi's. Wind, rain, tractor trailers and 75mph. ahh driving in WY. The only thing we were missing was the snow and ice, oh and fog. Needless to say Jason panicked a little and drove the rest of the way.
We cut through the Targhee National Forest. This is when things started to get gorgeous.
I must sorta apologize for the occasional blurred bottom these pictures are all taken while driving and through the dang closed window.



I must admit that I have never seen Wyoming so green. Growing up there and being in art classes you learn a lot about the color yellow ochre. That is typically the color in any foreground of a WY landscape. They have had a ton of rain and snow this year. And man was it worth it to see the results. I appreciate the green in TX it's green here all the time, but it was almost as though WY was saying "look at me. Aren't I pretty. I can be green, too."

To be continued...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh that looks so pretty. Sorry about the scary weather. So will there be as many legs to your trip as you have in your household? ;) Kidding, I really am enjoying all the parts.

Cookie said...

Hey sounds like we had some similar summertime experiences! Glad you made it home alive . . .
That's a darling picture of PINK BOWS!
I tagged you on my beginner blog . . . go check it out!