Thursday, March 20, 2008

Does anyone know the Heimlich? and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB

BITE,CRUNCH,CRUNCH...MUNCH...cough...crunch...
Crunch...cough...Gag...Gag...cough...cough...
crunch...gag...plbtt!
That would be me biting off more than I can chew this last few weeks. I have started two big projects in my house, my husband is panicking right now because he only knows about one. So while I've been trying to finish one the other keeps staring me in the face, saying finish me FINISH ME... and it's spring break. So all the kids have been home. They have watched all 6 Star Wars movies over the last 3 days. and the boys have their first sunburns of the season from playing out back with their shirts off. The house is reminding me of different parts that need to be cleaned. and I think I have a small cold, of which I am refusing its desire to turn into a big one. Oh yeah and it was St. Patty's day on Monday, Jacob's birthday on Tuesday and it will be Easter on Sunday. For which I still have some "shopping" to do. And I need to memorize a little script for Primary Sharing time where I will be Mary Magdelene, that one is enjoyable for me if my brain holds out. I thought I would be blogging like crazy this hitch. (A hitch is a work rotation for the oil field. So when they go out to work for their 3 weeks it's called a hitch. with me?) but I guess I was wrong.
Oh well...
Sibling Rivalry? Or just a normal ordinary day at our house?

Jacob was trying to *saw* off Caleb's head.
Fortunately it was all in good fun.
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY JACOB!
We didn't do a *real* party because the ward Easter egg hunt/picnic was that night and we figured that would be enough eggcitment for one day. Besides this will be the last year I can get away with him not noticing his party wasn't like Gabe's.
We had our cousin, Sami, come over for cake and she brought him a present.
He LOVES "CARS" it was Lightning McQueen all around.
"Thank You Sami"
He also got a CARS mini set. Of which 3 pieces were missing. So I had the pleasure of calling Matel. They will be sending a voucher to buy another one. 1-800 numbers are cool.
I tossed a "Mater" and another "Lightning" on his cake, and gave it a theme. Saved $4 dollars on the cake.
Things went well, over all. We went to the ward activity. It was OK. It rained so much that they moved everything inside. Which just made it a little chaotic for me. My friend Stacey commented that I must feel OCD. She noted that I kept counting....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,...1,2,3,4,5,6,7 etc. I just have to make sure my kids are in sight, in mind and not annoying, hurting, being, rude to or in the way of anyone else. At one point Gabe had wrestled Jacob down to the floor right in front of the serving tables set up with all the food. He was attempting to keep him from leaving the gym. But with the screaming and then the sprawling on the floor it just wasn't worth it. It's a good thing my husband wasn't there, I don't think we would have made it past the opening prayer before we left. I have to admit I didn't stay and help clean up. I have, in the past, felt obligated to help clean after most activities, mostly because it's a nice thing to do. Even being hugely pregnant pushing around vacuums, folding tables and chairs. But not that night. I ran out of there as fast as I could (ha ha still took three trips) and just hoped that the pile of potato chips dumped under the serving tables wasn't caused by one of my kids. So my apologizes go out to all those who had to clean up without my help.

Things will calm soon. and as soon as my head unstuffs I don't think I'll be as bothered.

good day to ya.

3 comments:

Cookie said...

Hey girl,
I can relate! Though lately, I just refuse to get involved so much . . . I guess I'm on a pendulum, swinging from "running around like a chicken with her head cut off" to "huh? I'm still here? I was kinda hoping I'd just die peacefully in my sleep" . . . so here's hoping your home improvement projects go smoothly, and that you can post a picture or two of them . . . this is so cool that your hubby can see pics of stuff that happens while he's away . . . my hubby didn't want me blabbing about anything that could be traced back to him or me or the kids and so our names have been changed to protect the guilty ;)
have a great Easter weekend!
Kareen

Jen said...

You are a busy girl Naomi! Looks like a fun day for Jacob. I love seeing your kids. I can always see you or Jason in in them. :) Now, I would love to actually see you and Jason. Here is my thought: blog a pic of yourself for me. :)
Take it easy girl.

Heather said...

Wow - sounds like a crazy week! I guess I can be glad we missed the ward party. Chaos like that sets me over the edge. I totally took advantage of no parties until they asked. It looked like fun anyway!