Saturday, March 8, 2008

Pink hearts, Yellow moons, Green clovers...

If he weren't already dead I would say that Benjamin Franklin should be shot for inventing "Daylight Savings Time." I'm not typically prone to saying mean things about our Founding Fathers but COME ON! Apparently old Ben didn't have 7 children to get ready for church an hour earlier, all by himself...I think this country would be a lot less grumpy if we got to stay on a regular schedule and not jump around an hour every few months. Just when I start to enjoy waking up with the sun, the government is gonna make me wake up earlier and in the dark. (not like I really get to sleep anyway, I just like to pretend) And it's not like this is something you can just decide to 'not do.' "No, I don't think I'll participate in D.S.T. this season. Therefore, my children and I will be functioning an hour behind all of you." I am grateful, however, that we don't have church at 8:00am. I must say that I don't think I'd be quite as cheerful.
So here's a question...with Easter and St. Patrick's Day being so close this year, should we decorate with the leprechauns wearing bunny ears? Or do we dress the bunny in green?

Good day to ya.

5 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

My vote is leprechaun's with bunny ears! At least leprechaun's have something to do with St. Patty's day. I've never understood the whole bunny/egg thing for Christ's resurrection. I know, I know, they represent spring and renewal, blah, blah, blah.

Here's my blog addy.

www.blarneygirlblog.blogspot.com

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

so true! My whole life gets jacked up and it takes us weeks to get re-situated! I have to agree the leprechaun w/ bunny ears is the way to go!

Heather said...

I hate spring forward, I will admit I do enjoy fall back though. That's always nice. Wait, what if we just always do fall back and we end up with time totally topsy turvy! I could go for that. Oh well... it will be nice in the summer. I vote for bunnies in green and leprechaun's with bunny ears. That way everyone is getting into the spirit of the season! It's all about Spring right?

Christin said...

Good thing for choir. I was calling all my choir members and luckily one of them said "by the way did you know that it's 10:30 instead of 9:30?" NO!!!! that meant that I was already late getting my kids ready for church. We start about five hours early to make it by 1:00.

Christin

Jen said...

Did old Ben have any kids???? His wife probably cursed him too. :)