Thursday, March 6, 2008

We, as in all of us and the dog, took Jason to the airport this evening so that he may return to work. I expect my blogging to pick up with raging speed in the next 3 weeks, and then come again to a screeching halt when he returns.
My brain gets to rest while he is home. I don't have to be hyper-vigilant when he is here. I must admit that I probably 'vacation' a little too much when he gets home and I know it drives him nutty. But I also know he would rather be home. And I would rather have him home. But he is fulfilling his duty to provide for this family. And I am very grateful for that, and very grateful for him. If there were more men in the world like my husband, this world would be a much better place, with a very dry sense of humor.

2 comments:

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

I know, I keep finding people from the ward on here. Who else it on here? We are moving in about a week up to Illinois. Word started getting around a few weeks ago, but most people are still surprised to hear it.

Heather said...

I'm sorry, I know it's hard to be the single mom and I can't imagine doing it with a large family. Call me, call me, call ON me... I love Caterpillar by The Cure. The Love Cats too. Did you ever have the video "Staring at the Sea"? Sorry, random I know, but I listened to it on your player.