Thursday, May 8, 2008

Happy Anniversary (in a couple of days)

I wanted to post our Happy Anniversary early because Jason comes home tomorrow and then the busy is gonna hit the fan and I want him to read it. He doesn't read my blogs when he's home, no need when you're living with it. So Happy Anniversary in a few days!
Once upon a May 14th, some 10 years ago, I married the man who would become my best friend. It amazes me that this much time has passed so quickly. We were only engaged for a very short time. We really got to know each other after we were married. That first year was surprisingly difficult. I remember thinking things like "If we were just 'going out' I would have broken up with you by now." We were young. Well, He was young...Me? not so much. Things weren't as easy as you expect them to be when you're first married, (as a matter of fact things were pretty much normal) And we had to learn to function as a family. We were sealed for Time and All Eternity a year later, things improved dramatically, and they have been on an uphill route ever since.
Over this past decade I've learned that I'm not always right and that even when I know I'm right, I don't always have to say so. I've learned to be more quiet and less stubborn. I've learned to hug and be hugged. I've learned that there really are people worth trusting. I've learned how to love and be loved. I've learned that I am worth loving. I've learned that I am beautiful. And I couldn't have learned these things without Jason. We have grown together into one inseparable unit. I couldn't live without him. I wouldn't want to try. Not to be cliche, but he completes me, absolutely 100%.
We are not without our squabbles. I think it's good to not be mindless. But we know, when we squabble, it's temporary. I didn't get married to get un-married. Neither did he. Forever would be way too long to spend without my best friend. So we're gonna spend it together.
Sometimes when he is at work, my heart hurts. I love him so much, all of him, even the grumpies that occasionally come (sometimes at church) with being a very young father or seven.
He would do anything for me. He does everything for me. He makes me happy.

Jason, Thank you for being the other half of me. My best friend and beyond. Thank you for being so generous with your life and sharing it, whole heartedly, with me. I'm so glad we didn't miss out on each other. Looks like the *B* in*plan B* turned out to stand for BEST. I love you Rabbit. I'll see you in a few hours.
gopher

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love it. That almost made me teary namomi. I love you two, it's so fun to see you again and see where you guys are now. Happy Day to you both.