Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy (Holy Crap I have a Teenager) Birhtday

So I failed to post, before I left, about the latest birthday. Well it finally happened... Spencer turned 13.


We didn't do much by way of a party. Dallas came and watched our kids and we took the birthday boy to Red Lobster and watch him scarf down a $23 plate for dinner, after which he looked at me and said, "I'm actually full." (could this be a sign of things to come?) We then went to go see "Ironman" because it was PG-13 and he was official. (the movie was actually really funny. I was surprised) I know he wanted to do something else like paintball or a huge party, but his birthday fell right in the middle of a big mess of things to do this year. I hope he enjoyed spending time with mom and dad by himself, even though we kept joking with him that he was actually on our anniversary date with us as the third wheel. He unintentionally got us back though because I had a sitter set up for over a month for our actual anniversary night, 4 days after his birthday, and we had to go to his Jr.High band concert that night. Ahh parenthood. Anyway Spen is a great kid. I love him a bunch and I am very grateful that he is a part of my life. I wouldn't trade him for a whole bag of Oreos.

My next post will be about my trip. I am a little sleppy, see how tired I am, I'm so tired I passed sleepy and went all the way to sleppy. And I need to send some positive energy toward my hubby. He's stuck in the New Orleans airport waiting for transportation and a hotel. He had to go back to work 3 days early to attend a meeting, I think they may have forgotten to arrange all of his travel for him. and it's almost midnight. So my positive focus now goes toward him...

Good day to ya.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Holy cow, I can't believe I knew him at 2. :) He's grown a bit since then.

Christin said...

I can't believe he's Codee's age. Amazing how time flies huh?

christin