Sunday, December 23, 2007

The best kind of sticky

YEA!! IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!!!


I CAN'T WAIT TO OPEN ALL THESE PRESENTS...IT'S JUST THE HAND CONTROL THING
I'M REALLY WORKIN' THIS CHRISTMAS OUTFIT MY GRANDMA DENNY MADE FOR ME!
MY MOMMY IS FUNNY. So is this flashing thing
JUST THE GIRLS. AREN'T WE GORGEOUS?
So today is Sunday, that would make yesterday Saturday. Which is a special day... it's the day we get ready for Sunday...need I go on? We cleaned the house...and that's about it. I also had to figure out a way to get some of us to church, while someone stayed home with Joey, who was too sick to go. I had to sing and direct the choir, otherwise we all would have just stayed home. So Spencer graciously stayed with him and Jacob.
Back to yesterday which was Saturday ...is a special day it's the...sorry. It happens all the time. Primary songs pop out of my head at random. Anyway, we were cleaning. The kids had their various rooms to take care of. I was overseeing their progress and cleaning the front room. I moved the couches, (which admittedly hasn't been done in a few months, being pregnant and c-section recovery, blah blah. I know excuses, excuses) and I found where the Clothes Monster has been hiding more dang socks. It really wasn't that bad. I vacuumed(such a funny word)which is an accomplishment because after almost four years of heavy duty use, the vacuum has started smoking. I don't know if it's the stress of the job, maybe it was peer pressure, but it smells terrible. I feel bad, but I just kept pushing it, I was sort of waiting for flames. While I was testing the fireproof limit if the vacuum, Sariah was cleaning the kitchen. She put some bread in the hall pantry, which halfway serves as a coat/storage closet and its doorknob is holding a bag of 'To Donate' clothes. (What a great closet), I heard her have a little scuffle with Jacob. Something about "get out of there." It ended fairly peacefully. I kept cleaning. Then Gabe needed help with loading the dishwasher, so I went and did that. And then Spencer needed help with 'Pine needle Duty' so I and went and helped there. Then I went back to my job in the front room. At this point I have decided that the vacuum needs hypnosis therapy. While I tried to coerce the vacuum to "just finish this dang room" I heard Jacob having a grumpy fit up on the stairs. He had had a Christmas sucker and I figured he was mad that it was gone, or that he was angry with Caleb or whatever, so I ignored it. These tiffs usually play out on their own and need no intervention. This one, however, didn't. It just kept on going. I decided to see what the matter was. I turned off the @##^%& vacuum and went up the stairs to find him. Yeah, he wasn't there. I then followed the cries back downstairs to find him, yup, in the pantry. He apparently shut himself in when Sariah had told him to get out. He was fine until he had finished the sucker and realized he couldn't open the door because of the very large bag of clothes on the doorknob, that's when he panicked. He was fine overall. He was sticky, so was the doorknob and the bag of clothes. I got him out and hugged him tight, then I was sticky, but that's OK it was the 'Mommy to the rescue' kind of sticky, and that's the best kind of sticky.
Good day to ya!
Oh and in case I don't see ya, MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for the pics of the kids - they are great!!