Sunday, December 16, 2007

Yogurt

Have the words " Yogurt is not lotion" ever left your mouth. They did mine tonight as I chased Joey (the 19 month-old) trying to get the half eaten thing of yogurt out of his hands while he ran away in his 'little too big' pants that covered his feet in flipper fashion all the while smearing the yogurt across his face as if it really were lotion. So today was spent partially at church quietly yelling, glaring, chasing, counting 1,2,3,4,5,6 where did 7 go. The numbers aren't specifically assigned to any child in particular, I just know that if I don't get to seven someone is missing. Oh back to church glaring, chasing and breathing threatenings of "if you don't sit still I'm calling Santa when we get home, and there will be no presents for you" blah blah blah. Unfortunately that only works with the 4, 6, and 8 year old and only for 2 to 3 minutes. I wish the Santa line worked year round. But unfortunately...

I have decided to join the world of blog. Partly because as a mother of seven I need an out'of brain'let, and partly because I need typing practice. OK the last part is true but not the intention of the blog. My daily dealings with my children however often lead to laughs and sometimes tears and I think they are worth sharing, so this is a way for me to let what's in my brain out.
Good day to ya.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Yippee! I will for sure be a blog stalker so UPDATE often. ;)

Hannah said...

You know, at some ritzy spas they probably *do* use yogurt for some kind of skin therapy. Your kids might be on to something! ;-)

And as for the glaring, etc, at church - I thought you were quite restrained as we sat and chatted forever in the Mother's Lounge.

See ya!

MetroParks said...

Greetings from Cleveland! I love it Naomi you totally should be writing a column and getting paid for this!