Thursday, December 27, 2007

Season's Greetings

It is a Tradition in our family to have Dad read "The Night Before Christmas" and Luke 2 (while the kids dress up act out the Christmas story, ) on Christmas Eve. Even though he was out at work this year we didn't let that stop us. He just did it over the speaker phone. It was great. And for your enjoyment (and my own) I have created my own version of this story.




'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, ALL the creatures were stirring, even the mouse(OK he's a hamster but you get the point)
The fever was running, the baby awoke(not just that one,^ the other one too )I was thinking to myself "this must be a joke."
"Santa's supposed to be here at a quarter past 12.
He may have to cancel and just send an elf."
Then what to my wondering eyes should appear, but the head of an eight year-old caught like a deer(in the headlights)
She was trying to see if Santa had come.
Thank goodness he hadn't, his work wasn't done.

"I'm trying to get Joey back into bed,
he's sick
and he's got a fe-ver in his head.
Santa will be here, he's got a plan.
Now get back to sleep as fast as you can."
She ran away quickly, just like a good girl,
In hopes that dear Santa's plan, would not unfurl.
As for me, I sat rocking that boy like I should,
I felt so darn bad that he didn't feel good.
In spite of the fact that the craziness lasted,

Until I was certain that Santa had passed us,
I made it to bed at half past two,

And kept thinking to myself, that 6:am will not do.
I sure hoped those kids would keep on sleeping,
at least long enough so I didn't start weeping.

It turned out alright, they all slept through the night,
and we all awoke to a beautiful sight.
Santa had made it and brought all our gifts!





It was so much fun even though dad was missed.
The Durrant family has been blessed with lots of great cheer And we're wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Naomi,
Hey there thanks for stopping by. Your family is amazing! I dodn't know how you do it. I go nuts with the three we have. You are a better woman than I am that is for sure. It looks like you had a great Holiday. We do the Nativity too and our kids just Love it! It was good to hear from you, feel free to stop in and comment any time. Have a Hapy New Year! -Niki

Lauren said...

What a cute post! Loved your version of the story. Hope that you had a great day! Miss you!