Monday, November 3, 2008

Ellie's first birthday



So our last baby turned 1 two weeks ago. I would have liked it to have been a more momentous occasion, but everyone was verging on illness and Jason was going back to work on Monday and I didn't get my piano, and etc.etc. So the energy was a little low. My in-laws came up which was great to have them with us. They now only live 2 1/2 hours away instead of 23. Which is much more convenient for everyone involved.

But back to the baby. She is still the happiest baby ever. Even though she has begun throwing some interesting mood altercations (that's the happy baby way of saying tantrums) when her brothers do something that ticks her off. Like take a toy, food, or push her down. We also learned that we as a family must yell sometimes(a lot) because we sat down for dinner when Jason was home, and Ellie just started chewing him out. I guess I'm gonna have to call her first word "NO!" She also says something that sounds a lot like Sariah. With dad gone, she mostly yells at the dog. She is still super cute and very happy. I can't believe how fast this year has flown by. It literally feels like a minute.

A note to those Texans we left behind. I didn't think I'd miss you, but I do. I knew I loved the people (the ones I knew anyway, it was the other 4 million that I could do without) I didn't realize how much of a family all y'all had become to me. When unpacking boxes my heart gave out a little twinge when I saw "crap table upstairs" scrawled out in Maria's very distinct handwriting. Or when I thought about all of the help that Melissa H. gave me in those last few minutes (days really) when my brain and body could no longer function as a whole unit. And for all the boxes she gave us that have their name written all over them. It was bittersweet. And then on that dang Facebook which may suck my life away, to see the picture of the Phillips' and those two babies, it made me cry, just a little. And to think of my good friend Stefan getting ready to have that boy. Could somebody throw her a baby shower... you could probably do it at Stefan's house, oh wait who am I kidding. That was done a long time ago and it probably was at her house just so she'd be there. And then Stacey...and Jeanette, and Dallas, and Janet, and Suzeanne and Jen and...the list goes on and on. You were my first family away from home. I did a lot of "Grown up" growing there. (ha ha I know grow 3 kids? I said grow up not out.) My testimony grew, too. You are all amazing. And It's nice to know that if I wanted to go back... I could and because of you, it would feel like going home. I didn't think it would happen but you cannot live in Texas for 4 years and 2 months and not be infected with a little bit of that Texas Pride. I'm hopin it will wash off after a few more Wyoming showers. But I do have 3 Texas natives in my house. So a nice mix is justified. Don't get offended if I didn't write your name. That wasn't the point. I'd have to sit down with the whole ward list and put you all down, and you know it, too. There wasn't a single sister in our ward that I didn't love. I wasn't a part of a "click" I didn't see who was divided. To me you weren't. We were all crazy in our own right. I hope to shout that I never offended any of you. If so, I apologize sincerely. If so, know that it was done out of sheer ignorance.
Well, I need to go for now. I'm starring blankly now. Means I'm tired. I have more to say on this at a later date. SO anyhoodle
good day to ya.

7 comments:

Jen said...

You are our family too, and we miss you!

Blarney Girl said...

Miss you too!! :)

Heather said...

I'm glad you are all doing so well. A house on an acre sounds wonderful!! (spiders and all). Good to see you back on here - now I'm off to stalk you on facebook.

Aynde said...

HEY!! I am on blogger too!! I will add you to my blogroll!

Did you live in the Houston area?? I did up until about a year ago when the hubby's job moved us to the wilds of Kentucky. *laugh*

Melissa said...

It's so good to see you back on here! Ellie is adorable (so are the rest of your kiddos). Olivia misses Sariah, and we all miss your whole gang.Love to you all!

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday Ellie! That year just flew by.

We miss you too!

Castaneda 5 said...

Oh I'm so glad to see you picked up some of our Texas Pride! I've got so much, there is no way I could ever leave! But it's awesome that you are closer to family now.