Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's been so lonfg. See how long? I can't even type anymore. So before I get into the rest of my life I have some venting. Not even in a negative way, just letting some disappointed air out. So I get on Facebook. Y'all know it cause y'all are on it. Anyway. I find people that I knew from way back whenever, and see them doing all the fabulous things that deep somewhere in my heart I wish I was doing too. Theatre actually. That's about it really. Once a performer, there is this burning of unquenchable desire to perform again. BUT, that ship has sailed and left me on port with 7 crew mates to steward. So to all those who are fulfilling my dream without me...Break a leg.

ENOUGH. So we went on vacation...and decided to move. and left within 2 months of returning home. It was extremely guided. We hadn't even found a house by the time we got home. We had put an offer on a 20 acre farm, but that didn't take. Thank goodness, it would have been nice if it weren't for the TRAIN in the front yard. Not kidding. And now seeing how frequently the train passes by I am growingly more grateful. Is growingly even a word, no? It is now.

So we bought a 5 bedroom house on an acre. The whole process amazes me still and continues to confirm that our God is a definite worker of miracles.

Small towns have their ups and downs. But, I don't feel like complaining right now so I just want to share some pictures.

All y'all should know, that in spite of killing 2 black widow spiders (outside, you'll be happy to know they died violently with a hammer, oh and poison) My spirit is very much at peace. My children are happy and I am, too. I know longer drive down the road and have the question "Why do I live here?" repeat over and over. That would be on Fry after Franz heading to Morton. If I question here as I drive and hour and a half to Wal-Mart, it is answered by the beauty of the canyon I'm driving through or the pink shades of sunset reflecting off the snow on the tops of the next mountain range over.

Oh and the snow. Apparently the weather is being a little weird. (having come from TX it seems normal) It has only snowed once since we've been here, not bad for two months. But is was FABULOUS! 6 inches. And it was awesome putting those Texas babies down in it.
Good day to ya.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Well, I'm glad that you're blogging again. I've missed ya! ;) Worland is a great town. I'm glad that you are all adjusting well. Maybe someday when we're in Lovell we can see each other? Loves...

Unknown said...

We are glad you are here regardless!! And watch out for spiders! YIKES! Worland is the kind of place that grows on you. Hopefully you will learn to love it completely!!

Mrs. Ordinary said...

Finally! I've been dying to know how ya'll are doing (sorry, I know you left Texas for a reason...I'll try to keep the lingo to a minimum). So glad to hear you're well.

brooke said...

Small towns are the best.
Sounds like you guys are doing well.
Fun to see all the snow!!

Castaneda 5 said...

I would love to live in a small town too! Lucky you to have snow! I, too, wonder why I'm here in Katy most of the time: )

Christin said...

Naomi,
I'm so glad things are going well. I too found a black widow spider on our porch. Those things are tough to kill. It was HUMONGOUS. Whenever you want to know that things are going well in your life, check MY blog.

Hang in there.

Christin