Sunday, November 16, 2008

Not much

ONLY FIVE DAYS LEFT!!!!!! and my husband will be home. These last two hitches have taken (cover your eyes) FREAKIN' eternity. Literally. We moved, had been in our house for a week and then he went to work a little early. He was gone for 28days. Then came home for 9 days and had to go back early for some silly class. On Friday he will be coming home from being gone for 25 days. That time table seems a little heavy on their(meaning the company's) end. So now I can finally breathe and say "Holy crap I have to clean the house, Jason will be home in 5 days!" No, I really am relieved. It's strange though, he hasn't spent more than a couple weeks in our new house. I have to tell him where things are when he comes home.
I am very aware and grateful that he gets to come home. I understand that there are many families that have extended time away from dad. Military and such. Or the long separation called death. There is a family in my ward at church whose dad just died. I sang at the funeral the first week I was here. I just sang at two of their daughter's baptism. He wasn't a member, and after letting his oldest two daughters get baptized, I guess he said enough, no more. And so it took his death to allow these two other girls to enter that gate. Sad really. But the gospel will not be stopped. But aside from that, I think of their mother quite a bit. I think of how sad she must be, at times, to just not have him home. This makes me ever more grateful that my separation from Jason is so temporary. I'm sorry for their grief, but grateful for the reminder.
So I'm guessing I'm just blogging to blog. I really don't have anything huge to say.
I think the people here are so funny. The Relief Society Pres. came by to see how I was doing. I laughed and said I was fine. They think I'm an anomaly. crazy part-time single mom of 7. Singing, speaking, and getting up at 4:45 every morning to go write music at the church with her best-friend. and reminding us that she doesn't have a calling outside of visiting teacher. I guess when you look at it, it does seem a little odd. But it's my life, I'm very blessed. and I'm pretty happy with it and not really overwhelmed... now that everybody has stopped puking. so the natives are restless... I must go intervene.

good day to ya.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I don't know how you handle Jason's long absences. I think I would go crazy. Well.. I say that but there is a certain blessing to being the only one you have to worry about- meaning, you get to make the decisions! :D Will he have to be away again for an extended period of time?

brooke said...

when i read your posts i feel a little more tired afterward. I felt sorry for myself making sure I was up in time this morning to watch 2 extra kiddos for a neighbor. good job on all the music you're performing and writing. that sounds like a blast.

(ps- I can't get my husband out of the house- i shouldn't complain.)