Thursday, November 6, 2008

So why is it when kids get sick they choose to do it at night? I know, it's not like I've actually slept for the last 13 years anyway, but come on. So Jacob was sleeping in my room, which tends to happen most nights. It's an age thing. All of my three-year-old's have, at one point, taken an interest in sleeping in mom and dad's room. Anyway. I had moved him from my bed to a pillow and blanket on the floor. Thank goodness, the Tempurpedic couldn't have handled the peanut butter/hot dog puke which occurred around 1 am. I promptly went into OCD mode, rubber gloves, paper towels, Lysol, clorox wipes, and wal-mart bags, and germ-X. Lucklily it all ended up on the huge feather pillow(nice) and not the newish carpet, which in my room is what color? Beige (come on stupid carpet people, when are you going to learn) the steam cleaner wasn't needed this time, but it was standing faithfully on guard. As Jakey took a bath, I proceeded to check on the other kids to see if I had acidentally poisoned them for dinner, nope everyone else was fine. I put all the blankets and pillow cases in the washer, the pillow would come later. Then I sprayed every touchable surface with Lysol, (that's one of the companies I need to invest in.) I made him a bed, on my floor, with Spencer's camp mat, a bunch of towels and I put HIS pillow in a plastic bag and then back in the pillow case, I think all pillows should be plastic hospital pillows, not comfy but easy to clean. He understood that if he needed to throw up again it should be in the wal-mart bag lined trash can. I then washed and lysoled the gloves. Washed and germ-Xed my hands. Then we laid down and tried to sleep, for a little while. Ellie woke up twice because she was cold. Not something that happens in Texas. So I had to go re-cover her, no big deal. Then I managed to fall back to sleep. In my sleep I noticed that Jacob said he was thirsty, and he got up and got a drink of water. I then woke up to him thowing up the water that he just drank. In the trash can (good boy) I tied the bags. Washed, germ-Xed, lysoled. And we went back to sleep. And then the alarm clock went off. It was one thing to get up (in TX) to make sure the kids were up and ready for the bus. It's another thing entirely to get EVERYBODY up and get them in the car to take 4 of 7 to school. They were late because Caleb threw a fit about wanting to put his pants on already buttoned. Guess what, pants don't go on when they're already buttoned, but I let him find that out. So then he had a fit because he wanted them unbuttoned. Then Gabe could only find one of each of his shoes. Joey and Ellie both needed a diaper change. And then we all got in the car, which takes FOREVER, and got the kids to school. Jacob took the trash can with him. Good thing, he had gotten another drink of water somewhere between the shoes and diaper changes. Why isn't my husband home when stuff like this happens? It's really quite funny if you picture it all in fast forward. But whatever. So I hope all y'all have a fantastic day, which is what I'll have as soon as the caffeine kicks in.

Good day to ya.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Bleck, I hate those nights!! That is the absolute worst thing to wake up to (well, the worst that won't kill you let's say). So no bus runs out to your house? You're way out there huh?

Oh and Bruce is Bobby's middle name and his dad's first name. It was Bruce or Seamus, but since he is a descendant of Robert the Bruce we went with the family name. Dillon Bruce together is a totally 80's name, I agree. :D

Melissa said...

Sorry to hear about your night! I also go into OCD mode when vomit is involved. If I were you would put everyone's pillow in plastic, at least for a few days... you know how these things love to travel through the ENTIRE family before they leave! Take a nap today...you deserve it!!

Castaneda 5 said...

Those are nights I dread!!! I'm not good with that stuff. You handled it like a pro, which you are! Hope he feels better!

Aynde said...

You also need to invest in folgers. *laugh*

Christin said...

All five of my kids are sick right now so I TOTALLY feel your pain. Hang in there sista.

Christin