Wednesday, February 6, 2008

If we only knew...

If we knew then what we know now, the conversations behind these pictures might have gone a little like this...


"What if I told you we are gonna have 7 kids in the next 10 years?"



"Seven ?" "Seven.""In 10 years?" "10 years."



"Oh say it isn't so."


"It'll be lots of fun... and noise."

"7 kids. That could get pretty expensive." "Thppbbssts"



"We may need to pawn your ring." "What makes you think that after 7 kids it will still fit?"



"Are they cute kids?" "They're beautiful."



"Whose dog is that?" "I don't know just smile and look at the camera." (actual conversation)

"So what do you think? Will you still marry me?


"Yeah, I will." "Good, me too"

Enjoy your spouses on Valentine's Day. Mine won't be home yet.
All right. Everybody's done it. Niki asked to see it. So here goes

What is his name? Garvin Jason Durrant (which like Christin's hubby, Garvin is a family name, and no, none of my kids have it.)

How long have you been together? Our 10th Anniversary is May 14th

How long did you date? 2 1/2 months. Not kidding

How old is he? My baby is turning 30 this April

Who eats more? The children. If there is enough food left over for us I guess it might be me?

Who said I love you first? I don't remember...isn't that terrible? But I bet he doesn't remember either. We have always loved each other, more now than ever.

Who is taller? Jason is. I'm 5'5 he's 6'0

Who can sing better? Do we need to ask? Just kidding. I do. Jason won't let me teach him. He could sing well, he has a nice tone, but it's a frosty day in TX when he'll let out a peep.

Who is smarter? Jason is 100% smarter. (Physics degree anyone?) I think I have an advantage with things of the Spirit. But he has, on occasion, floored me with his insight.

Who does the laundry? It depends on if he's home. I do, naturally, when he's at work. When he's home I go on vacation, so he does.(he's nodding in agreement as he reads this)

Who pays the bills? I do because the bills come when he goes to work.

Who sleeps in the right side?Jacob or Ellie, sometimes Caleb. I've actually pushed them to the floor lately. When Jason and I get to sleep by ourselves I sleep on the right, it's closer to the baby. Right now I sleep diagonally through the whole bed.

Who mows the lawn? Jason and Spencer do. It's nice when the kids get older.

Who cooks dinner? I do. Jason can, usually out of necessity.

Who drives? When he's home, he does.

Who is more stubborn?Probably me.(again the nodding) I've softened quite a bit though. (now he's shaking his head in disagreement, but I really have)

Who kissed who first? I'll give him that one

Who asked who out first?I asked him out first. But he was thinking about it way before I did

Who has more friends? I do. He says he has "all the friend he needs" in me. Sweet, but I say melarchy.

Who has more siblings? tied for a sister each. How we ended up with 7 kids, I'll never know, but thank the Shumway family for making a stink load of kids look like fun.

Who wears the pants? Jason. I couldn't get him in a skirt if I tried. I let him wear them ;)

People who should fill this out:All my blogger friends should.

4 comments:

Christin said...

Thanks for the laughs. I need them after a day like yesterday. Refer to the blog.

Christin

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

SO cute! You two look so good together. Karl and I look like siblings:(
I had no idea you only dated a couple of months. I personally think that’s the way to go but, all my siblings dated their spouse's forever and that seems to be working for them. Each to their own right?

Heather said...

You are so flippin' hilarious Naomi. I love the story that goes with the pictures. Good thing you didn't have that insight right? LOL

Jessi Post said...

Hi! You don't know me, but I went to high school with your husband. Please send him my best regards - and congratulations to both of you! I would love to get back in touch, would you send me an email, please? Jessi at Relianceparts dot com.

Thanks!