Tuesday, February 19, 2008

picking up strays and If I'm elected...




We went to a furniture store called "the Dump" a little while ago. The sales lady looked at all 7 of our munchkins and asked intelligently if they were all ours. I looked at her with a straight face and said "No, we found some in the parking lot and just thought we'd bring them along."
I then gave her a little grin so she would know I was kidding and so that she couldn't read what my real thoughts were "geez lady of course they are all ours, who in there right mind would take 7 children out if they weren't permanently attached to them." And with a smile she continued to show us the mattresses that 4 of the 7 were already bouncing on. What fun!


These pictures of Spencer were taken 2 years ago when he was in 5th grade. He decided to run for student counsel president. He didn't get it, but his posters were cute with slogans like "Don't sit on the fence, vote for Spenc." and "There's no reason to complain when you vote for Spencer Raine." You can't see it but his shirt says "I have decided to put myself in charge." I'm not sure if he will run for student body office again...
Sariah on the other hand seems to be headed that route. She was elected to be the student counsel rep. for her 3rd grade class. I don't remember that stuff starting until Jr. High. What is this world coming to.

3 comments:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

I think the Dump sounds like a great place! I wish we had one here... I don't remember any of the student body stuff starting until middle school either. I think every year they set higher standards for our kids. By the time this baby goes to kindergarten it will probably be a requirement to know long division just to get in! In any case my kids are all screwed because I am the one who has to help them with their homework. I already have to call Suezan when Karl isn’t home and Kelten is only in 2nd grade... Not good not good at all…

♥Shally said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! I am glad I made you feel better... :)

I get dumb comments from people too-- I posted about it ( I think it was in November of 2007). It amazes me that people feel the need to say something!

Jen said...

I love it! That is so funny. I don't know how you make it out with 7 girl, I barely make it out with 3. :)