Thursday, April 24, 2008

Best Birthday Ever!

Today has been fabulous. Thank you all for your birthday greetings! My birthday started at 7:25 this morning, when I woke up and realized that the baby slept ALL night, Jacob woke up but that's normal. The 3 oldest kids forgot it was my birthday before they went to school. Caleb remembered and he, Joey and Jacob came in my room to say good morning and we want food (I was feeding the baby) and Joey was the first person to wish me a happy birthday. He said "Happy happy" which for Joey is pretty good. Then I got to talk to my husband. And then I got ready for the rest of the day. As the boys were watching PBS, Barney came on and it was his birthday, too! I took it all in stride, tried not to let it affect me :) My sister came over to watch my kids and she and Sami brought me presents! A really cool book that I've been wanting to read, and some bubble bath. Then Stacey came to get me and we met Dallas for lunch at Carino's. Dallas treated. She also gave me a super funny card and a fabu gift card! Stacey also gave me a gift. I don't know what it is because she forgot to bring it,(which just makes me laugh hard) but I don't even care because, seriously, just the thought makes me feel SO loved! When Stacey brought me home Jen showed up at that exact moment with BROWNIES and they were still warm! It was wonderful and they were so GOOD. My mom-in-law sent me and Jason some Egyptian cotton sheets, and she and my hubby sent me e-cards. My mom and Grandma sent "green" cards (ones with $)
The kids came home from school, they remembered my birthday then. We ordered pizza(so I didn't have to cook.) Did our little family birthday (missing dad.) Then the missionaries came over to share a spiritual thought and they sang Happy Birthday, too! So over all this has been the best birthday ever! Here are pics. Although I hesitate to share many pictures of my-(self conscious *I just popped out three babies in three years*)self. I share these with you because you all know what I look like anyway.

4 comments:

Blarney Girl said...

I had the best time ever and wish, too, that we could get together and talk for hours like we did at lunch. I can't believe I've known you these past few years, but failed to do anything more about it than occasionally hold your baby at church and chat for a few minutes before going home. I'm such an idiot sometimes. I just assume (and we all know what that means) a lot of times that people with kids have their married friends they hang out with and woudldn't find anything interesting to say or do with the ward's resident old maid. I stand corrected and hope that you will forgive me for not being a better friend before now. I'm so grateful for Stacey and her brilliant idea and that she thought to include me. Here's to many more years of great birthday lunches and loads of conversations in betweeen.

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

I'm so gald your day went down w/o a hitch! You look great by the way and your family is just beautiful.

Jen said...

Naomi,
you are so cute. you look like your a kid though, like 18. I love it. your kids are beautiful. I would love to set Tim up for prom with your little Sairah. :)
So you are coming to WYO! Wahoo! yeah. that is exiting. If you pass by the rocket city stop and say hello. :)
I'm glad it was a wonderful birthday for you. you deserve it.

Heather said...

You look fantastic Naomi! You are so photogenic and what an amazing birthday gift from Jason! It is so perfect - I'm so jealous ;)