Sunday, April 27, 2008

Happy Birthday, yet again...

Saturday was Joey's 2nd Birthday


Anyone sick of birthday posts yet? We had another nice casual birthday for Joseph. He's such a cute boy. I am sad that he is two only because he is acting a little two-ish. I do not enjoy this age very much. It's better than three, but I have one of those right now, too. The other not so fun age is five. But as of last week, I've got another five-year-old in the house. (sigh)

Birthday season is almost over. Just Spen and Sariah left. I feel bad for all the other kids, all the other's than Gabe that is. Because his birthday is in February, I still have some party planning gumption. But by this time, and 6 birthday's later, I'm just throwing cake around and I'm not interested in entertaining anyone else's children. Spencer is turning 13 and he wants something big. His birthday couldn't have fallen at a worse time this year. Jason gets home the day before, and then leaves the day after (mother's day) for a 3 day seminar for work. Then he's home for the day of our anniversary and I leave the next day. I can't cram "something big" in between all that. Any suggestion's? As a matter of fact I'd take lots of suggestions for birthday season in general. How do we make each kid feel special, have parties, etc. when mom's totally burnt out? I'd like to hear from Sarah and Christin and anyone else who comes from a big family that has a million birthdays close together. Anyay (that was a typo but I think I just made a new word) That is all for now.

Good day to ya.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I do not come from a big family but my sister and I had birthdays ten days apart. My mom had us take turns, every other year one would get the party and the other could invite one or two friends. Does that make sense? So Holly had a putt putt party and I invited a friend. The next year I had the putt putt party and she invited someone. That or you could stagger them and have every other one celebrate their half birthday. I've thought about doing that for Caleb since he is in December. And don't feel to sorry for them - Caleb is always jealous of Brooklyn and Seth b/c their birthdays are together and he feels totally left out.

Jen said...

I am a dork, but I don't like celebrating half bdays because on their real bday I would know. . . this is my boys birthday and I would totally want to do something. I don't know girl. That's hard. I have 3 birthdays within 10 days of each other. Landon, Jeff and Tim. And by Tim's birthday I am so stink'n sick of bday cake. this year I didn't make jeff a cake and he was really bummed. won't do that again. oops. He was gone on his big day, but thought I'd have one waiting for him. Maybe you could have land mark birthdays, like 8 and 13 and 16 and those are the years they get to do something special otherwise it's a family party. For spencer would he be okay with a family party and then something with friends when you get home from WYO? I don't know. good luck!

Cookie said...

Hey, we have 3 birthdays within 8 days, and they all happen right after our wedding anniversary, right around Mother's Day, and right before graduations and weddings. I haven't gotten it all figured out yet. My friend told her kids that they could have a party for their friends only every other year. I think that's smart! I just plain don't throw a lot of parties 'cause I get too overwhelmed, and hubby works nights too much . . . I love your blog and the pics of your bathroom redecorated!

MetroParks said...

Our parents used to take us out on a date. We got to choose any restraunt we wanted and it was just the birthday kid and the rents. I always wanted to go to a place that had pink lights and thus turned my milk pink. For some reason I thought that also changed the taste. We also got to have birthday parties most years but my mom really included us in the planning especially as we got older. I only have the two peeps but I find that if we decide on a theme early and I pick things up on sale over time it just kind of falls together in the end.