Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Happy Birthday, again

Happy Birthday Naomi
33 years ago (yes I am almost exactly 3 years older than my husband) I was born. Almost a month early I weighed 8lbs. 14.5oz. Chunky Monkey1975
Little did my mother know I'd grow up to have a gazillion children
1977


living in Utah


1990
This was mostly for Christin's benefit. YW basketball Regional champs. I scored maybe two points. But I ran a lot, I was a good place holder. Just get the ball to Syd, Ellen, Christin, Sarah, pretty much anyone but me, that was my plan.


Sophomore year
Junior year proof(I never ordered the pics)
I don't have a copy of my senior pics. I had head shots done in college, but I don't know where those are either. But this next picture fits me best most of the time.



If you could see my inner child this is still what she would look like, the expression has never changed

So here was my page dedicated to me. I have some other good pictures that, at a later day, I may post. so this birthday is gonna be great. 29-32 just blew. Except for the fact that my hubby is not with me, this one has already been an improvement. Tomorrow I'm going to lunch with my friends, Dallas and Stacey. My sister is going to watch the kids for a little while so I can go! I'm excited to go!

I made my cake. Lemon. I don't know why I like lemon cake, but I do. I decided to not sit around and pout this year and wait for someone to do something for me. And because I did that, things have been great. I'll have to write later about what my husband is doing for me when he comes home, but he wants to talk to me (we get to talk every night while he's at work, sometimes I think we get to talk more when he's gone then when he's home.) And I can't type and talk at the same time. So...

HAPPY Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday dear me, myself, and I
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOOOO ME!!!!!!

10 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh my goodness those pictures are sweet! I love them. You are/were such a pretty thing. Seriously. :) Happy birthday. Sorry that you had to make your own cake. I would've made you one and had a party for ya. Do you remember my surprise party that Joseph planned for me when we were doing We are Wyoming? We all crammed in our basement apt and Jason got us Dominoes pizza! :) We are doing well. Busy but ok. I can't believe I have a soon to be Kindergartner and an 18 month old. :) Miss you. Please come visit me sometime.

Blarney Girl said...

I LOVE THE PICS!! Especially the last one. I see that face every Sunday when you're trying to get us to sound like a choir! hehehe The rest are gorgeous as is the 33 year old live version I'm fixing to have lunch with. :D

I'm excited for lunch and I'm glad your sister was able to take the kids so we can go have fun for a little bit.

I'm not good with this sort of thing, but I want you to know that I love you a lot and consider you a wonderful friend. I've always thought you were the coolest person in the world!

MetroParks said...

Hap, hap, happy Birthday! I miss you! I wish I could be joining you for a lunch without kids. Sounds like heaven. Good job to take your birthday into your own hands. I am not living with a romantic so I have to sometimes do that too. To illustrate, on my last birthday, last month, Danny came home, we decided to go out to dinner and just before we were leaving he said, Sorry I didn't get you anything do you want flowers. To which I replied, "You don't ask someone if they want flowers, you just get them." So on the way to dinner he pulls into the grocery store and says, "wait right here." (I don't know where I would go there were two kids strapped into my back seat.) He came back 15 minutes later because the lines were long and he had gotten me Gerber Daisies (my favorite) and a pot of tulips (my other favorite). It just made me laugh. He is funny because he thinks everyone is like him and all they want for their birthdays is lots of sex :-)
Love ya Nerm!

MetroParks said...

oh I have to tell you how much I enjoyed the basketball picture and all of those cute young faces. I only knew you all as college coeds! How fun. I miss Allison too!
Where are the good old days? I think of you two everytime I hear The Steve Miller band. Keep on Rockin' me Baby!

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Those pics are darling:) You are beautiful inside and out and I feel blessed to know you. I hope your night out is wonderful and your evening chat with you hubby is just what you needed to hear.

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! Love the pics. You look like your mom and your kids look like you! Crazy how that happens. Hope you like the brownies! Brian and I loved licking the bowl!

Jen said...

Holy cow you are so adorable. I love it. Thanks for sharing. :) Happy birthday girl.

Christin said...

Oh wow did those pictures bring back memories. I remember our basketball team ROCKED> Thanks for the memories.

Christin

P.S. Happy Birthday to YOU!!!!

Heather said...

Oh Happy Birthday one day late!!! Can I just take this opportunity to tell you that I think you are so awesome. You amaze me with your talent and I love your dry wit. I totally admire you and I am so happy to be able to know you!!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! That pink dress looks amazingly like the one I had as a baby - and wow! you sure look like your mom when she was young. I never knew.

Enjoy your lemon cake!
-Michelle and them