Friday, April 18, 2008

Catching up

OK....Lets start with pictures




Now Easter has come and gone, way super Quick I must add, but it's always worth a post-post just for posterity. It was fun all went well. I must explain a couple things. I think the Easter Bunny was tired of having my children misuse their Easter baskets, so it brought Easter bags this year. Fine by me... now if it could only do something about the stupid Easter grass. The other thing... ever since Jason and I have been sharing our Easter's together the Easter Bunny has been "pooping" chocolate covered raisins all over the floor while it hides the eggs. Sounds nasty, looks real and it's hilarious. Nice tradition, huh?

Next...
Caleb has been cast free for weeks now. I know, I know, bad blogger. I'll repent later. JK
Getting it off was worse than getting it on. You try convincing a little kid that the super loud "safe" saw really isn't gonna chop his newly healed arm off. The post cast x-rays were impressive. The brake healed nicely and was very visible, unlike the pre-cast x-rays. The brake was a lot bigger than I thought. It took him almost the complete 10 days, that the Doc. said it would, to straighten his arm after the cast came off. Crazy.

So last time I checked in I mentioned some home improvement projects I had going on. I am noticing this to be a theme for more than just myself lately. Everybody has something going on. Well, before Jason got home 3 weeks ago, I redecorated our master bathroom. I will post pictures later. I was so overwhelmed that I forgot to take the pictures when it was *picture perfect* it must be cleaned and straightened before it is presentable. While doing the bathroom, I went to IKEA and bought new bedroom furniture for me and my hubby. We will eventually have the Mountain Woods furniture for our master bedroom at least, if not for the rest of the house as well. It's pricey though so it'll have to wait. in the meantime, we could no longer stand sleeping like college students. I will take pics of the bedroom later. The latest home improvement project forced the bedroom to become a holding room for everything in the family room while we replaced the un-salvageable carpet with wood laminate flooring, again from IKEA. I've spent a lot of time at IKEA lately. For those of you that don't know this store, you're missing out. It has good stuff, fairly inexpensive and of a decent quality. What's the catch? You must assemble everything yourself. So this is why the bedroom furniture was a bigger issue than just"where should I put the bed?" I put together a bed, dresser, desk/work station, and two night stands, in three days (one of the pieces was broken, trip back to IKEA, not a huge deal but the traffic is a bugger)I could have done it all in two if it weren't for the previous parenthesis', and the extra 14 hands that either wanted to help or play with all the important pieces or take the instructions. It's all pretty dummy proof. So whatever. It's finished.

When Jason got home we decide to just get the floor done as quick as we could, how hard could it be?
the ripping up of the carpet and pad was a cake walk. and all you environmentally minded folk out there will be happy to know that we found a recycling place to take the old icky stuff. To those of you that don't care "Wake up And HUG A TREE!" Just kidding, I'm not a fanatic. It is nice, however, to not be totally wasteful. While our intentions were purely to do the floor, reason stated (dirty finger prints and various scribble marks screamed) that it might be a good time to paint with the carpet up. Now I love to paint...pictures and things, not walls. I just painted the bathroom. That was fun for a minute. Then came the need for a second coat... Anyway, Jason doesn't really care to have color on the wall. He'd be fine with white. I grew up being able to paint my walls however I wanted. So I had stars, and hand prints, and black and white cow spots. So we have to compromise. The biggest issue is that we couldn't reach the top of the ceiling to paint the walls all one color... and the finger prints and scribbles went up higher than a typical chair rail so we covered what was necessary. The actual color was a conundrum in itself...and I am too tired to write about it now. So suffice it to say after three attempts to get the wall presentable, I said "forget it, it is going to stay the pinkish chocolate milk color, I am not painting it again"
I didn't know what else to do...so I painted a border
Then a table saw, a hammer drill, a couple of choice words and days later...the floor went in

And was finished. I would have taken a picture of just the floor alone but we were anxious to get the sofa out of the kitchen, so this has to do. It's pretty though.
I'm tired. I took Jason to the airport again today. So life is on the flip again. I'll write later. My bed is calling.

Good day to ya.

4 comments:

MetroParks said...

Fun to see the kids on Easter. I also had forgotten that Caleb and Emi were just a day apart. The house looks AWESOME!!! Pain in the butt to do, but nice to have done :-)

Blarney Girl said...

The floor looks awesome!! I'll have to come over and see the bathroom and new bedroom furniture. Don't worry about cleaning before I get there. You should see my room and bathroom!! And I only have myself to blame! I should be embarressed, but I'm not!! LOL

Jen said...

Everything looks great girl! I'm looking forward to having more time to chat soon at playgroup and preschool. Laters!

Jen said...

WoW! Are those ever Jason kids!!! :)