Friday, January 25, 2008

Meet My Husband

My husband and I started dating at the end of February ten years ago. We got married at the beginning of May that same year. Short courtship must make for a long marriage. That and a whole stink load of kids in between.
Let me tell you a little bit about the man who was crazy enough to marry me. Well first off he IS too young to have this many kids, but he does. He'll turn the big 30 this April. In his young life he only imagined having one offspring. He also wanted to go to Mars. Then I came along and said we must have more than one and Mars? That's just too far and I don't want you gone for three years. So he settled for a degree in Physics and seven children and a wife that, I know on occasions, drives him nutty.
These are some of the reasons I love my husband.
He does not put on a phony facade. He is the way he is and it doesn't matter who knows it. I used to say that he was integritous (thank you lady in my head for that word) to a fault. He is the most honest man I have ever met. I used to think this was bad because sometimes I felt like there was a certain social air that you must keep about you. Not true according to my husband. I am OK with it now. I am learning that in a world of "used car sales men" honest men are hard to come by. I just happen to have one of my own.
He has an incredibly dry sense of humor. Which is hilarious.
He has this loyalty to his family that I didn't know could exist. And then there is the sense of responsibility. We have been through the financial wringer since he graduated(Physics alone is NOT marketable) and yet he still attacks his responsibility to provide for this freakin' huge family with vigor. That is why daddy has to go to the middle of the Gulf of Mexico for three weeks at a time to work. He is in charge of every piece of inventory that goes on and off the semi-submersible oil rig. His job title is Storekeeper. He was a utility hand and a roughneck for a while, but the goal was management which he made in about a year. He has done a lot of other things to pay to feed our ever growing nest. Pizza has been involved more than once. We owned a shop here for a little while. Then Little Sleezars moved in real close. How can you compete with National advertising? We couldn't so it was on to something else. That is where the oil business came in. Here is the interesting predicament. My husband has a moral issue working where he does. Having a scientific brain causes him to mentally problem solve, all the dang time. So when the idea of alternative fuel comes up, there go the wheels. So while he is helping them drill for oil he is trying to solve the energy crisis in his brain. This is why I appreciate him even more for going to work. That isn't his only issue with going away to work. I mentioned his dad in an earlier blog. He was a sailor which meant being away from home to work. Jason grew up with dad being gone half the time and knows life on the other side as well. He never wanted to do what he is doing, but he does. I thank him for it.
He is a super good dad, occasionally grumpy, but who isn't? He has an amazing ability to love these kids. I'm grateful for that.
Another reason why I love him. . .He loves me. For no reason in particular. He says there doesn't need to be a why. . .he just does.
He is my best friend.
He honors his Priesthood. I don't know how many of us take advantage of that on a daily basis. My husband "gets it" and it means a lot to him. Not bad for somebody who didn't grow up in the Gospel. He has his own testimony. I don't have to share mine. (I share it but you get the point, right?)
Oh yeah, He loves me.



There is a new definition to the phrase "rough house"
Please put your seats in an upright position , the Daddy plane will be landing momentarily and you must exit
What a "mess o' kids"



These pictures were taken 2 1/2 years ago. . . not much has changed. Just the amount of kids

















Gabe's first day of School










and welcoming baby Joey home














I'm so lucky


Good day to ya.

1 comment:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

You are very lucky. It looks like your house is packed to bursting with love and laughs. AWESOME!