Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Porcelain Throne

Houston is typically very humid. We had over 50 inches of rain last year. 50! I guess you can't really call it rain... It buckets. It's not a nice drizzle, shower or sprinkle. It's like standing under a bucket, or a being a sports coach and winning the big game and having a never ending Gatorade thing dumped on your head. That is what rain is like in Texas. However, lately we have had some drier air come through, thanks to the winter cold fronts y'all up North are having to endure (thanks by the way, they give us really nice weather.) So the trampoline likes to conduct electrical experiments with the kids' hair. Here's Joey





Ellie is doing so much better. I still panic every time she coughs, or sleeps quietly. I am constantly watching her. She gives a new definition to "Pretty in Pink" and trust me after waiting so long for her, she has A LOT of pink. And as far as her hair...no she hasn't been on the trampoline. It's all natural.



Three peas in a pod. Jacob, Caleb and Joey, are the three boys I have at home. Caleb will be in Kindergarten next school year. Then I'll just have the two and Ellie at home. What will I do with all that extra time?




POPCORN ROCKS!
So I would like to thank the public school system for re-potty training my kids. I've spent months (which probably calculates to a year or two total with 4 out of 7 successfully potty trained kids) teaching my kids that it's OK to go to the bathroom whenever they need to. During the summer we don't have a problem, but the minute school starts it's "Mom I need to go to the restroom." It was cute at first. Their hands would shoot up in the air and wave around "Mom, mom, can I use the restroom?" My responses have varied throughout each incident. From "OK go" to "Do you need directions?" "I know, you know where the bathroom is, please don't pee on the floor." "We have three of them, you don't need to ask."
Tonight my answer caught me off guard. I had just put Joey in bed and Sariah ran into the little boys room doing the potty dance with the typical "I need to go to the restroom." I was a little irritated because she had to pass the bathroom to get there, and I needed her to be quiet so she didn't wake any of the boys. And what should pop out of my mouth? "I am not a toilet" That was funny to me. I've been a lot of things as a mother: Kleenex, paper towel, burp rag, puke bowl...and you bet I've been peed and pooped on, but I do not believe I'll be adding toilet to the list anytime soon. It's not very flattering.
Good day to ya.

1 comment:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

All of your kids are so cute! I think potty training stinks. Literally. Rieken is almost 100% in unders but is has been a long road and if he is anything like Kelten it may not be over as soon as we hope (BOYS!). Enjoy your nice weather while those of us in the North can't decide if we should be wearing t-shirts or full on winter gear. Frustrating! Our trampoline is alternately frozen or soaking wet. Needless to say we are ready for some real sunshine and outside playtime. We must be living in the wrong state:)Thanks for the prayers we appreciate it.