Saturday, January 26, 2008

MoM and AMoM

I'm starting a club, well two clubs I guess. I never like anyone to be left out. So the first club is the Mommies of Many club AKA. MoM. The second club is the Aspiring Mommies of Many AKA AMoM. Now there are certain requirements to belong to these clubs. Lets talk about the MoM club. First and foremost you must have at least 5 children to belong to this group. That would automatically include myself with 7, Stacey with 5, Christin with 5 ( you actually could qualify twice with 2 sets of twins), my friend Tami (who I haven't heard from in a while)who also has 5 and 2 sets of twins. Now the exception to this rule is if you have 4 kids that are all boys. Which can feel like 5 kids if not more. This qualifies me twice as 5 of my 7 are of the male species. Now for the AMoM club. I know that all of us out there are not as old or fertile (with or without help) or crazy as us MoMs so the AMoM club is for you. This club is for those of you with 2-4 children. Unless your situation falls into the above exception. It also applies to those of you who are aspiring to be a MoM member, but are not yet, or cannot get to that 5 mark. For those of you who just have one and are finished by choice, these clubs are not for you, you just won't get it. If, however, you wanted more but couldn't have them, you are more than welcome to join the AMoM club because you will have them later. Please declare your membership by commenting and letting me know you have joined. These are the general requirements for both groups: You must have experienced sleepless nights; aching backs; sticking to various items in your home due to unknown causes; cleaning disgusting unthinkable things. . . a lot (see Christin's blog of messes;) watching your children breathe just to make sure they are; taking a bath with more than yourself(husbands do not count;) needing to lock your bathroom door in attempt to have 30 seconds of privacy; sleeping with children under your legs,arms,backs,heads; walked mindlessly through the house at 1,2,3,4am in answer to the cry of "Mommy;" stressed over the acceptance of your children in their peer groups, so much so you feel you are back in Jr.High; made the comment that you have already passed 3rd grade why do I have to do the homework again; tried desperately to remember how to do fractions; figured out that you're not crazy, it's just more difficult to think for more people than just yourself; cried because you just did 8 loads of laundry and three more loads just appeared magically on the floor; said yes, after just saying no so that the constant "Mommy can I have . . ." will stop repeating; been proud because your 'Mometer' (the natural ability to take a temp. by feel) was only a tenth of a degree off; finally stopped wondering about the floaties in your drink; kissed boogers and booboos; given million hugs; and loved more than you thought you could. These clubs are for you! The perks are knowing you're not alone, sharing comments about crazy MoM and AMom experiences and stories. Sign up today and I'll put your link on my blog and we can make our crazy world a little bigger.
Good day to ya.

2 comments:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

I'm game. We have 3.5 and would like 6 maybe five. At this point we will take what we get and be thrilled! I may complain A LOT but, I really do love the little beasties. Life would be really dull w/o them:(

Lauren said...

I'm in. I only have 2, but I'm in. :)