Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ode to the blue Van

It was a year ago today (OK it was a year ago yesterday)
that my BLUE van went away.
You see, I went to Wal-mart
Parked close to where I found a cart...
Went in with all my children dear
Came out to find my greatest fear...
My van was not where I had left it...
Because some Mexican had theft it.
You may say that I am racist but I'm not
It's just not so
You see,They found my van 2 months ago in
PUEBLA, MEXICO!

These are pictures of my van covered in a solid sheet of ice. We loved this van... We had modified it to hold all eight of us(at the time) by going to a salvage yard and buying a used 3 person back seat and putting it in the middle. I really can't believe anyone stole it. There were two car seats, scattered toys, a Pooh blanket, french fries, spilled ketchup, milk, chocolate shake, and who knows what else.
My mother-in-law was visiting and we went shopping, I believe we only had Caleb, Jacob, and Joey with us while the others were in school. Jason was luckily working at the office in Houston, my sister was living in my house, so we had the cavalry close. Anyway, we came out of the store with a cart full of groceries and a cart full of kids. It was chilly and rainy. We walked to where I thought I had parked. . .Looked . . .walked. . . looked again. I thought I was loosing my gourd. When I finally realized my van was not playing hide and seek, I went in and told the lady at the door that my car had been stolen. We then talked to this punk kid manager who had the nerve to ask me if I was sure and that maybe I should go and make double sure. So just to appease him I went out and walked from one end of that parking lot to the other, still halfway expecting to have my van jump out, uncover his headlights and say peek-a-boo, fooled you. In strange disbelief I wandered back in the store, cold ,wet, and (cover your eyes if your apposed to strong language) pissed. Finally the Sheriff was called. My husband made it to the store before the cops did. My sister had come and picked up the kids and groceries. When the Sheriff got there he took some notes, commented on how he needed to buy new ink, told us that if we found it before they did that we should call so that if we were driving and got pulled over we didn't get a gun pulled on us. And he also said that they really weren't gonna go look for it, and that it was probably going to be used in crime and wrecked if not torched. No, I am not kidding. He also said, when asked if he was going to watch the security tape, that there was no point because they were ten dollar cameras and you couldn't see anything on them, and then he went and bought ink. We actually watched the security video. It made me sick. It was fairly well planned. A big Dr. Pepper van pulled up in front of our van blocking a lot of what we could see, but we did see a little maroon car pull up on the other side, someone get out and move back and forth between the front and back of the van. We couldn't fill in the blanks because of the Dr. Pepper van. Anyway a few minutes later I saw somebody else drive away in my little blue van.

It's all good. Now it is, anyway. See there was planning involved in the disappearance of my van. Not my planning. Somebody upstairs. Not that anyone on the right side of heaven would want anyone to commit a felony, but they did know that if we still had the van there would be no room for Ellie. I got pregnant two weeks after my van went away. Right at the same time we bought the 9 passenger Suburban. We have been compared to fish in the fact that we seem to grow to the size of our container. I guess that it's a good thing we didn't buy that 15 passenger van.


Good day to ya.

4 comments:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

How awful I would have been a wreck. You are truly the Goddess of all things chaotic! No offense. I will have to agree about the timing of it all kinda perfect right? So, just out of curiosity what happens to old blue now?

Naomi said...

In answer to Niki's question. I have no idea what happens to the van. The Sheriff dept. called and said that it had been found, but not under what condition. They said that I could call down there but that the van wouldn't be released. The insurance company owns it now anyway. Poor little van stolen into a life of crime:(

Lauren said...

What a story. I laughed and felt bad for you. I so remember that van. Fish in a bowl, huh? haha.

Christin said...

I got a good chuckle out of the poem. Those darn Mexicans. I can say that because I served a mission in Mexico and I love em.

Anyway, good story. Sorry about your van. At least you had your kids with you. Count your blessings.

Christin