Monday, January 7, 2008

Nothing but spit

Well Hell-o
Not much has happened in my life since bringing that beautiful baby home. My mother-in-law has come to visit and make sure for herself that everyone is OK now. It's nice to have her. I have good in-laws. Not the traditional annoying in-laws. I guess that's a very fortunate thing considering the fact that I met my mother-in-law the day before Jason and I got married. Crazy huh? Now my father in-law...that's a different story. I didn't meet him for at least two months after the wedding. This was probably a good thing... He's a sailor. No, really. In every sense of the word. He has a big heart, which is often over shadowed by his bigger personality. I really do appreciate him. He loves his family. This is good...He licked me on the top of my head once. Enough said.
So life really has been quiet. Ellie is doing very well. Jason took her to the Doc on Friday. He said unless things get worse, he won't need to see her until her well child 4month check-up. Hooray! ...Hooray is a good word. It's one of my favorites right now. It can be used in so many venues, with so many different emphasis...esises (Sorry for the spit). ie. HooRay, hooRAY, HOOray, my favorite HOORAY, and the ever sarcastic hooray. That last one must be accompanied by the proper teenage rolling of the eyes. According to my mother, I was really good at that. I'm learning as a parent of an almost teenager that it comes with the territory. I think the art of eye rolling comes more naturally to some teenagers than others. I have known people that have had to practice in the mirror. You think I'm kidding. It wasn't just eye rolling. It was face making and hair flipping. (Sigh) those were the days. I didn't need to practice. I was a natural. I am grateful for all of those crazy things I remember about growing up. It really helps me relate to my kids. I can empathize not just sympathize.
Well I know things won't be quiet for long so I will be hitting the hay. More adventures to come...they always do...HOORAY!
Good day to ya!

1 comment:

Washington Rimmasch Family said...

You are so funny! Glad to hear baby is still on the up and up. I was a rotten teenager and will probably forget that when my kids hit that phase and go nutso gaunzo on them. You are a better person than I am, and very lucky to have good in laws count your blessings.